Summer Solstice Arrives

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ah, the Garden and dirty hands!

Spent a few minutes out with Kim planting some tomatoes, pumpkins and herbs that she had picked up. A cold, wet day here, but was so good to get out and connect with Mother Earth again. I tire more quickly than I would like, but have to remind myself that less than 3 weeks ago, I was still using the walker. Now I can drive and do a bit of planting...yahoo!
And I think of a favorite quote of mine at this time of Spring and planting:
          "There's a Part of the Sun in the Apple,
           There's a Part of the Moon in a Rose,
           There's a Part of the Flaming Pleiades
             In everything that Grows."
Friends, may your Spring bring you pleasure and a wonderful Garden.
Beannachd,
Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment